Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly and the Surprising Part 2

The Bad

1. "Number Threes" - the ad with the explosion in the car is not far off the truth. Once every few days a poo comes along that is, short of gaffer taping a whole packet of Huggies and a couple of Tena Ladies thrown in for good measure to his arse, impossible to contain.

2. Spews, Spews, Spews. Dear Lord that child can't keep his tucker and it drives me nuts. Beware a certain grin as it is his way of saying "Get ready Mum I've got something for ya!!"

3. The fact that everyone has an opinion on how you should parent. Honestly people, if you feel so strongly about it go and have one of your own. And to older people, parenting has come a long way.. deal with it.

4. Not being able to pop into the shops for a loaf of bread etc. Although I have become very well acquainted with my local Maccas drive through.

5. Having so little time to myself to read, relax or even write a blog every now and then.

6. Stressing every minute of the day about Magoo's health, future and happiness. But I am a worrier, so not everyone would experience that.

7. The loss of an income. I LIKED earning money. Although apparently a full time mother and housewife's equivalent is about $160K per year - pay up hubby!!

8. Stupid hormones combined with hours of being on my own. I get weird. Picture dancing with pure joy to the new 7Two TV channel "It's Time" song, and belting out the old Home and Away theme song (the Early Years is on - I am in heaven).

9. The fact that as a stay at home mum, Home and Away the early years being on represents heaven (see point 8). It all just becomes a little bit desperate...

No comments:

Post a Comment